- Rearrange my furniture. This one is something that I do often, because it’s a quick way to change the energy. And it’s especially helpful when I’m feeling depressed or anxious, because something as simple as moving a chair across the room can help me feel in control of myself and my actions – which always soothes my spirit.
- Pet my animals. Yes, I love animals, which is why I have two of them. I love to keep their coats shiny and soft by petting them regularly (I wash my hands after good petting sessions, don’t worry!) Beyond grooming the animal with love and affection, petting my animals releases serotonin in my Brain and allows me to feel that nice, happy chemical that the brain can produce when it feels good. Thank you, animal kingdom.
- Take a shower. This is an underrated activity that many of us, including myself, tend to rush. However, a well-timed shower can do wonders for the spirit and the heart. I recommend using fresh towels and cleaning one’s face and hands before getting into the shower, for optimal cleanliness experience.
- Draw or paint a picture. Due to the pandemic, I found myself drawing and painting much more often than before COVID-19 hit our streets. Drawing what I see out the window, and painting the world around me, has given me something tangible to do with my time. I’m not saying I’m Picasso, but I do feel good about some of my artworks, and that’s something to be proud of doing. I’m even working on a virtual art gallery for my other blog, Just Pearly Things. Stay tuned for the mash-up, where I share my other blog here!
- I clean something. This one may be a little too ridiculous, but I find it therapeutic to clean something when I’m feeling anxious or depressed. I don’t mean go hog-wild cleaning the entire house from top to bottom – no, I simply mean cleaning a window or a table very carefully and thoroughly. Like a monk, I imagine myself cleaning any dirt or grime off my heart, therefore dusting of my spirit at the same time as I clean my furniture.
Thanks for reading this post. Don’t forget to book a session with me soon! I can’t wait to hear from you…